“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”
– Antoine de Saint-Exupery
I promise I did make resolutions at the beginning of the month, but only wrote them down in my old fashioned paper journal. Since its the last day of January, I thought I had better share them! I just finished The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin over my recent anniversary trip, and am feeling inspired to change my life in little but significant ways in 2013. Instead of the traditional practice of making resolutions and then completely ignoring them, I am going to jump on fellow ENFP Jon Acuff’s bandwagon: The 52 & 7 Challenge.
- Read the Daily Office throughout the day, not just AM & PM
- Practice Examen/Journal at least once a week
- Plan at least 2 date nights with Nick in mind
- Go on 1 double date a month to spend more time with couple friends we rarely see
- Schedule a Dinner Group Connection Event
- Treat my office work day as if it starts before 9 AM (get there early)
- Be more efficient in order to leave the office by no later than 5:30 PM
- Blog at least 8 times (once a week on average)
- Pitch 1 article to an outside source like RELEVANT or A Practical Wedding
- Start a Roth IRA and mutual fund (Baby Step 4)
- Eat out less/have dinner at home 2-3 times a week
- Bring lunch to work at least 2 times a week
- Go to bed earlier (Get 7.5 hrs+ per night)
- Exercise 20 mins 2-3 times a week
- Aim to lose 7 pounds (1 lb per week)
- Project a more positive attitude (complain less)
- Read at least 1 chapter a day (give up mindless TV if necessary)
- Read 2 books (1 fiction, 1 non-fiction)
The first deadline for reviewing these goals from the time I wrote them down is February 25th. I’ll be checking back in to let you know how I did.
What resolutions or goals have you made for 2013? How is it going so far?